1. Important information
Personal data is information identifying a ‘data subject’ from that data alone or together with other data, but it does not include anonymised or aggregated data. A data subject is a living individual identified by such data (this will generally be you).
The corporate entity/person organising the event, meeting, training, conference or similar collaboration is the controller and responsible for your personal data (the Host, they their). This means that they determine the purposes and means of processing your personal data.
You can find details regarding the identity of the Host and their contact details in the email sent to you which contained the link to download the app. If you have any queries about this App Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the Host in writing, using the contact details set out in their email.
You may make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, (ico.org.uk). The Host would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact the Host in the first instance.
The app includes links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. By clicking on these links or enabling connections you may be allowing third parties to collect or share your personal data. The Host has no control over these third-party websites, plug-ins or applications and is not responsible for their privacy notices, therefore you should also read their privacy notices to understand what personal data they collect about you and how they use it.
It is important that the data held about you is accurate, so please keep the Host informed of any changes to your personal data.
2. The data collected about you
The Host may collect, use, store and transfer the types of personal data listed below and such other personal data as may be required by the Host (as part of the provision of its services to its you).
- Contact data: email address.
- Identity data: first name, last name, username, hometown, employer, job title, event date and location.
- Marketing and communication data: your preference in receiving marketing from the Host and third parties and your communication preferences.
- Profile data: password, interests, preferences, feedback, online chat and message board posts, competition submission and polling and survey responses, notes, questions submitted to speakers.
- Technical data: your log-in data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you download the app to, content views, date, time and duration.
The Host may also collect, use and share aggregated data. Aggregated data is information such as statistical or demographic data which may be derived from personal data, but which cannot by itself identify you. If the aggregated data is combined with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, this is treated as your personal data.
If the Host is required by law, or under the terms of a contract they have with you, to collect your personal data and you fail to provide it, they may not allow you to use the app. The Host will notify you of this at the relevant time.
3. How personal data is collected
The Host collects personal data in the ways listed below.
- Directly: from you when you complete profile information, join their mailing list, enter competitions and promotions or otherwise correspond with the Host (by post, phone or email).
- Automated technology: automatically when you browse or interact with the app (technical and usage data) by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties: from our suppliers, such as the app developer and hosting support and maintenance provider.
4. How your personal data is used
The Host will only use your personal data when the law allows them to. Most commonly, your personal data will be used: (i) to provide you with use of the app; (ii) to comply with a legal obligation; and (iii) where it is necessary to carry out the Host’s (or a third party’s) legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Set out below are the specific details of the processing activities they undertake with your personal data and the legal basis for doing this.
- Identity and contact data — used to register you as a user of the app in order to perform their contract with you
- Identity, contact, marketing & communications — used to manage their relationship with you in order to (a) to perform their contract with you; (b) as necessary to comply with any legal obligations; (c) as necessary for their or a third party’s legitimate interests in keeping records updated
- Identity, contact & technical — used to provide the app and administer and protect it (including security, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) in order to (i) to perform their contract with you (ii) as necessary for their legitimate interests in running their event and a third party service provider’s legitimate interests in fulfilling the Host’s contractual obligations to you (on behalf of the Host) or fulfilling its contractual obligations to the Host (ii) as necessary to comply with any legal obligations
- Technical — used to permit navigation of the app and improve your experience of the app in order to (i) to perform their contract with you (ii) as necessary for their or a third party service provider’s legitimate interests in analysing how the app is used, to develop it
- Identity, contact, profile, marketing & communications – used to enable you to partake in prize draws, competitions or complete surveys used to (i) to perform their contract with you (ii) as necessary for their legitimate interests in analysing how the app is used, to develop it and grow theirs or a third party provider’s business
- Technical – used to collate aggregated data used as necessary for their or a third party service provider’s legitimate interests in analysing how the app is used and to develop it
- All – used to comply with a legal obligation as necessary to comply with any legal obligations
- To allow third parties to provide their services (i) to perform their contract with you (ii) as necessary for theirs or a third party’s legitimate interests in fulfilling a contract they may have in place with you or another third party
The Host will only use your personal data for the purpose that it was originally collected for, unless they reasonably consider that they need to use it for another reason, and such use is compatible with the original purpose. If they need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, they will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows them to use your personal data in this way. They may process your personal data (without your knowledge or consent) where this is required or permitted by law.
The app contains various interactive features, some of which may be activated by the Host as part of their event, sales meetings, training or for general knowledge sharing purposes. You may edit your profile information and choose to activate or deactivate delegate messaging at any time within your app settings.
Where you are downloading or using the app for a particular event, you are agreeing that your contact data and identity data will be transferred to the Host, who may contact you by email, SMS or telephone call for the purposes of the event. If you do not wish to be contacted by such methods, please notify the Host.
5. Disclosure of your personal data and international transfers
The Host may need to share your personal data with certain third parties, such as Duuzra Event Software Limited (the app developer and provider of hosting, support and maintenance services), the wider Duuzra group of companies, and Duuzra and the Host’s service providers, professional advisors and other authorities.
Your personal data will not be transferred outside Europe.
6. Data security
The Host has appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Access to your personal data is limited to those directors, employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such information and they can only process your personal data on the Host’s instructions and will be subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The Host has procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. Data retention
The Host will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. They may also anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes. This anonymised information may be held indefinitely without further notice to you.
8. Your legal rights
You have certain rights in certain circumstances under data protection law. In summary, you have the right to:
- access your data;
- request a correction;
- request an erasure;
- object to processing;
- ask us to restrict or suspend processing;
- request a transfer;
- withdraw your consent to processing.
For more details on your rights and how to exercise these, please contact the Host.
to This App Privacy Notice was last updated on 03/06/2021 and may be updated at any time. Please check the App Privacy Notice from time to time for changes.